Next 12 Week Course Starts August 2013
Managing or Owning a Food Service Business
Learn how to Create and Operate 5 Star Tea Shop, Pub, Cafe or Restaurant
Why should I do this course?
In order to:
- Manage your business well;
- Save a lot of money;
- Hire the right person;
- Buy the right equipment;
- Price your food correctly;
- Comply with the law
Who needs this course?
You do if you are:
- Ready to start a food service business – from a teashop to a pub to a two hundred seated restaurant;
- Already in hospitality or food service and would like restaurant and kitchen management skills;
- A chef who would like to own/manage a food service business;
- A publican who would like to add food to your business;
- Interested in starting a catering business.
Where is it?
Abbeyleix, Co. Laois, Ireland. A beautiful Heritage town easily reached by all routes and more importantly is being bypassed in June.
Where in Abbeyleix?
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel Business Centre facilities and amenities.
Easy access from M1 and N7; ample parking; special accommodation rates.
What will I have when I am finished?
- Practical management plan for the future of your business
- Accounting and Finance Toolkit ;
- Management of Food Hygiene Certificate ;
- Creative and Practical Marketing Plan for your business;
- Health and Safety Toolkit;
- Employment Toolkit for the food service industry;
- Legal toolkit for the Food Service Industry;
- Kitchen Operations Management toolkit;
- Restaurant Operations Management toolkit;
- Service Skills;
- Training Skills
What will I know when I am finished?
- That great food and superb service are the foundation blocks;
- What makes your customer tick;
- How to manage the kitchen;
- How to manage front of house;
- How to balance life and work;
- How to set up a structured system based business;
- How to recruit the right people;
- How to train the right people;
- How to keep the right people;
- How to buy the right food;
- How to minimize waste;
- How to manage waste;
- How to manage energy costs and set up a ‘green business’;
- How to excel at the lost art of Customer Care;
- How to use social media to increase your turnover;
- How to source the right equipment;
- How to design efficient work space;
- How to be your own interior designer;
- How to cost, price and write a menu;
- How to buy wine, sell wine and write a wine list;
- How to make money in the food service business;
- How you and your staff can look super smart.
- And much more.
Who is involved?
Blathnaid Bergin with a team of highly skilled experts. Blathnaid has a M.Sc. in Hospitality Management (Hons), Diploma in Adult Learning, Diploma in Hotel Management (Hons) - Shannon College of Hotel Management. She has 25 years experience advising, training and working with people in the hospitality industry. Blathnaid and her team look forward to welcoming those with a hospitality dream and making it a reality. www.therestaurantadvisor.ie
How much is it?
What is included in the price?
- All course tuition;
- Industry experts with a proven track record
- 'Live' case studies;
- Workshops, presentations and discussion;
- 5 days at the Ballymaloe Cookery School including accommodation at Ballymaloe Cookery School;
- Site visits to some of the best food service businesses in Ireland;
- Lunch and tea/coffee breaks every day.
Accommodation during the Certificate course is not included in the course fee.
Do I need to do any prep before the course?
Yes. Have an idea of your food service concept, or objectives to improve your current business.
What do I need to bring with me?
A laptop computer and a camera.
What computer skills will I need?
Basic computer skills, a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet.
How is the coursework evaluated?
The course structure includes workshops, case-studies, discussion,
presentations and field trips. Work will be assessed on an ongoing basis and feedback given. There will be no formal exams. A certificate will be issued based on completion of work throughout the course.
Can I get a written copy of my course?
Yes, all course materials will be provided in hard copy.
How do I apply?
To apply please fill out the form on our Contact Page. We will get in touch with you straight away!
Blathnaid Bergin, New Row, Abbeyleix, Co.Laois, Ireland
Telephone: +353 (0) 87 679 0854
When is the course starting?
Next 12 Week Course Starts August 2013
Do I have to pay a deposit?
Yes- 20% of course fee to be paid on booking, remainder to be paid before the course commences.
What will I do in the evenings?
What should I wear?
Smart business dress. In keeping with the five star standards on which the School will be run, students and team members alike will wear smart business dress and will be bringing these standards to the food service industry when running their own business.
Is there a reference library?
Yes, a comprehensive library of food service and business related books will be available to students on loan while they are attending the course.