Cafe/ Teashop Course will run again for 15 days over nine weeks from September 9th,10th,16th, 17th,23rd,24th
October 1st, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd
November 4th, 5th, 6th, 11th.
20% deposit to secure place, balance due before course commences.
Places limited to small groups for maximum learning.
Price includes all course materials, light lunch, tea and coffee breaks and site visits.
Course Content -
Menu Planning, Costing Pricing
- Premises, Finding and assessing
- Leasing Agreements – understanding leases, negotiating deals with landlords,
- Legal Obligations – the relevant legislation
Food Quality – setting and keeping the highest standard
Suppliers- sourcing and dealing with same.
Finance - Managing the money – setting up a simple accounting system to prevent theft or fraud
- Designing an efficient kitchen
- Kitchen Management Systems – to manage kitchen staff, achieve consistency, avoid waste, maintain cleanliness
- Front of House Management Systems
- Sourcing and Buying the right equipment
- Interior Design on a Shoestring
Coffee – choosing the right machine, making good coffee, serving good coffee
Tea- sourcing, making, serving.
- Cash register systems – choosing the best for your needs
- Service Excellence:
- The sharpest service Skills & techniques
- The smartest appearance
- The most thorough product knowledge
- The most charming customer care.
- Food Hygiene Certificate – Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (National Hygiene Partnership)
- Staff Management – Job Descriptions, Employee Handbook, Staff welfare, staff relaxation space.
-Basic Training Skills – how to train others
- Work Life Balance.
& Much more
Site visits to local cafes.
The Course format is workshop, discussion, practical exercises and a few site visits to view best practice in action.